What a crazy past few days. Beth and I are finally settled (mostly) into our new apartment. It is definitely smaller than our 3-story house we just moved out of but we are determined to make it home-y. My movers will be here soon and I will be frantically organizing---yes!
We made a list of things we will not miss living in our new apartment:
-(me) walking up and down 3 flights of stairs to do laundry…now its in our apartment!
-a kitchen with ballin’ new appliances
-having our own bathrooms
-living on Wisconsin Avenue
-closer to the metro
-really friendly maintenance and staff
-roof top view and grillin’ out up there
After Beth and I moved all of her belongings into our new apartment we got take out at CafĂ© Deluxe and shared a bottle of wine on the roof overlooking the Washington Monument, Capitol building, and the National Cathedral (a block away). We talked about how thankful we were in today’s world. She was thankful for being employed, for this new job opportunity, and we were both thankful for our wonderful families. It’s moments like these when I just want to pause time and soak up how wonderful the feeling truly is. We also thought how interesting it was that when the movers moved all of Beth’s furniture into our apartment, the first thing they brought in was Vivi’s (our grandmother’s) chair. It was definitely not the last thing they moved in. We just know Vivi and Daddy Don are watching over us and are so excited by the ways we’ve bonded and encouraged one another.
Lastly, here’s a toast---to all of us in this new exciting journey of another year. August 2011 what will you bring?
Yay! Love this! I'm so excited for 3333 :)
ReplyDelete